Policy Editor in KopiaUI - new features

I’m working on additional features for Policy Editor in Kopia UI to better present the effects of policy definition. The main change is the addition of the third column which shows the effective value for each setting as well as the policy defined it.

This is still far from being polished but I’d love to hear your feedback based on the screenshots here: Policy Editor UI - effective policy preview - Album on Imgur

2 Likes
  1. The old UI did not have an “inherit” value in the compression dropdown. This should be in the new UI.
  2. The never compress field should have more default values (see suggestion below)
  3. Is the JSON view still a part of the new UI?

Compression file types: 7Z ACE ALZ APK ARC ARJ B6Z BKF BZ2 DAA DAR DEB DMG DZ GZ ICE ISO KGB LBR LQR LZ LZ4 LZH LZMA LZO LZX MBW MPKG MPQ OAR PEA PKG PTK RAR RPM RTE SITX TAR TBZ TGS XAPK XAR Z ZIM ZIP ZL

@kopanla nice list, but tar is not a compressed format, tgz, txz are
Further what I can think of: mp3, ogg, aac, flac, alac, war, gif, jpg, jpeg, png
Office extentions like: docx, xlcx, ods, odt and more

Wow, that is much better!

How can we remove the ‘hourly’ tag please? Since I’m taking snapshots every 4 hours, I’m not using the ‘hourly’ tag. The same would apply for those that take default 3-hour snapshots. Simply ‘latest’ is enough. No need to set the naming of the snapshots in the UI for simpliclity sake though.

Setting hourly retention to zero should do the trick. Can you test it and report back?

Where can I find and edit the hourly retention setting please?

Snapshot Frequency is not editable through UI and I could not find ‘hourly’ anywhere in the global policy editor (# kopia policy edit --global) nor in any of the configs (ran grep -iR hour /root/.config/kopia/).

First section in the UI defines retention.