Anyone else seeing connection errors at B2?

The last few days I’ve started to see temporary connections errors with BackBlaze B2 (endpoint s3.eu-central-003.backblazeb2.com)

I see this error:

ERROR failed to open repository: cannot open storage: unable to determine if bucket “MyBucketxx” exists:
Get “https://s3.eu-central-003.backblazeb2.com/MyBucketxx/?location=”: dial tcp 45.11.37.254:443:
connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

At first I though it might was an issues with my trusted root certificates not being updated, but now I start to think B2 have some issues.

Seeing this connection-error from different servers located at different locations (different internet connections).

I can connect and do e.g. kopia repository status but if I do kopia content stats is sometimes get the error

Yes, same for me, don’t know about the underlying reason. It happens instantly, so maybe kopia could just retry internally to work around this. I didn’t see this during a backup so far.

I suspect kopia’s isn’t using the system certificate store in regards to validating TLS certificates from the B2 servers (I know some of their servers got new certificates within the last 2-3 weeks) but use an internal list of trusted certs.
I was running an old version of kopia (0.12.1) and have now updated to 0.15.0, now the backup finished without problems (for now).
At least on Windows.
But it this is true it could be a risky construction. Latest version of kopia is from 22 october and if any endpoint would start to use certificates newer than that, then you’ll get connection errors (a quick fix could be to use the parameter -disable-tls-verification I expect.)