Kopia can't connect to local volume (other repositories fine)

I’m using Kopia (macOS with Kopia 0.13.0) to backup my laptop to different types of repositories (one in S3, others in local volumes).

The S3 repositories are working fine, but one of my local volumes (a USB stick) started giving some errors (more below) today. This volume always worked fine previously.

Since this is a last resort redundancy kind of thing, I’ve delete the entire folder (rm -Rf /Volumes/BACKUP/backup) and created a new repository (I have $KOPIA_PASSWORD set up):

kopia repository create filesystem --path=/Volumes/BACKUP/backup

Everything seemed fine, but when connecting or doing kopia repository validate-provider I still get errors:

ERROR failed to open repository: unable to create shared content manager: error loading indexes: error downloading indexes: error loading index blob xn0_._[...] decrypt blob: error decrypting BLOB xn0_._[...]: unable to decrypt content: cipher: message authentication failed
ERROR open repository: unable to open repository: unable to create shared content manager: error loading indexes: error downloading indexes: error loading index blob xn0_._[...]: decrypt blob: error decrypting BLOB xn0_._[...]: unable to decrypt content: cipher: message authentication failed

Hi @rui,

have you checked a different volume? Maybe another USB stick. It seems that this one is corrupt. Check Invalid checksum, how do I fix this? - Support - Kopia Forum

Cheers,