Duplicate repo to another location

I have a number of repo’s on one disc and would like to duplicate them to another so they both become available repos to backup the same sources. Would sync-to be the most appropriate command for this?

kopia repository sync-to filesystem --path /path/to/repo/...

If that is the case I assume one must be connected to the source repo and the --path is to the destination repo.?
Thanks for any help.

Yes.

You can’t use simultaneously two+ repos during backup. You backup first to a local repository then in next step duplicate freshly updated repository to a second, third…N repositories with help of sync-to.

Yes

You miss understood my question. I just wish to get the new repo started or colonised with the existing history of snapshots, so it can then be used as a second destination. The two then would work in sequence so backup would then be done n-times thereafter on the same source. sync-to would be used initially, but not used once creeated.

What is the point to abuse source machine by enforcing it to do the same job multiple times instead of doing it once by saving in one repository and then simply do sync-to to another repositories. sync-to is smart enough to sync only changed blobs and each repository will represent then the same snapshots instead of out of sync multiple repositories.

Okay, from what you are saying I’ve completely misread best practice in what I’m trying to do, and should use this technique all the time, as it does make sense and may speed things up too. The second drive I like to rotate with others and means it only really needs to be done add-hoc, saving resources and time.

I thank you for your input. You actually gave me a better answer than one I was seeking. I’m simplifying my scripts now.

No problem, I glad I could help