KopiaUI adding GCS as a repo

I am sorry if this is a silly question but I just can’t seem to find the answer by searching. I don’t have much experience with the GCP. I was able to follow the Kopia documentation and create snapshots just fine via Kopia (cli).

I then installed KopiaUI on my laptop, EndeavorOS.
I am trying to add GCS as my repo but I receive this error and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
“Connect Error: INTERNAL: internal server error: unable to initialize token source: google.JWTConfigFromJSON: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go value of type google.credentialsFile”

GCS Bucket = same as on GCS
Object Name Prefix = blank
Credentials File = /home/user/.config/gcloud/application_default_credentials.json
(I am not sure that is right)
Credentials JSON = I pasted the contents of the above json file.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve got the same issue in Kopia GUI on Windows. Nothing works. Impossible to connect to GCS…
I’m very disappointed of Kopia…

Which of the three methods listed at Repositories | Kopia did you try?

Hitting this one as well right now:

kopia repository connect gcs --credentials-file some_account.json"  --bucket "mybucket"
ERROR can't connect to storage: unable to initialize token source: google.JWTConfigFromJSON: invalid character ':' after top-level value

hints very welcome

EDIT: I am using CLI … not the UI as in the topic title. Anyway, seems the same issue to me.

EDIT2: solved … this happens if I use an outdated account key. The message isn’t exactly clear :wink: With a valid account key things work for me.

1 Like