Lost repository config after disconnect

I created a rclone backup (in Gdrive) using Kopia-UI in Ubuntu. The backup, restore and automatic backup, all worked as expected. For experimentation, I tried to disconnect and reconnect. But upon disconnect, I lost all the configurations and unable to connect back to the remote.

How can I retrieve the list of backups that I had over the few weeks, and how to avoid this in future.

If you lost the password, there’s really no way to recover it. However assuming you have it, can you further describe the problem and symptoms you’re seeing?

I have the password, but I don’t see the repository details to connect back. The disconnect deletes the config file located in ~/.config/kopia/repository.config. I dont see where the details of the repository are stored to connect back.

You should simply connect back to rclone remote you used before.

It removed the custom name I gave and just said connect to repository. That was the source of confusion. I can see that I’m able to connect back to it and see the tasks. Might be useful to retain the custom names provided even after disconnect to avoid confusion.

Pretty sure kopia does not touch rclone config. Your name should still be there.

Not the rclone config. The name give for the repository in kopia-ui. I’m attaching the screenshot where it says <not-connected> without the name that I actually gave. Just from user perspective, it will be helpful if kopia can store the custom names given to the rclone repositories when a new repository was created the first time.

If you click on that, it should prompt you to reconnect and select the provider. Use rclone again and type the same remote name as before.

1 Like