FTP and FTPS repository?

Didnt know there was this forum. So I posted this on Github yesterday.
Anyway, Im reposting it here, because it seems to belong here:

Hello,
Germany’s most popular brand of routers is AVM FritzBox. FritzBox offers NAS features for a home network (= ideal for storing an on-site backup) and is accessible via SMB, FTP and FTPS.
Could kopia please support SMB and FTP(S) repos? Unfortunately, kopia only does SFTP which is not supported by AVM FritzBox.

Thank you, JAN

You can always use rclone to store your backups on remotes not supported directly by kopia. But from my experience I would not recommend it unless only for some experiments. YMMV, and maybe for local network it will work ok - do your own tests.

Now in your case there is very simple solution. Mount your SMB share locally and store your repo there. You can utilize actions to automate all process. “Before snapshot” action to run script mounting your SMB share (if not mounted) and “After snapshot” to unmount if not needed any more.

There is no really good SMB golang implementation so realistically it is unlikely that kopia will support it natively.

Thanks a lot kapitainsky. I am doing mount + umount of my SMB share via a cron job now. (Not via Kopia actions, since Kopia is a Docker container and Im doing the mount outside the container environment)

yeah. there is always many ways how to skin a cat:)