Google Drive support for real user instead of service account

Is there a way I can use Kopia with a real Google account instead of a service account?

Service accounts have a storage quota of 15GB, which makes the service basically useless for larger backups.

I tried setting up a OAuth 2.0-Client and using that JSON file, but when connecting to the repository Kopia expects “type”: “service_account”.

To clarify, do you mean Google Drive or Google Cloud Storage?

Also, keep in mind that you can always use a rclone remote with Kopia, and perhaps rclone supports Google Drive in a different way (I don’t know, I am just speculating).

To clarify, do you mean Google Drive or Google Cloud Storage?

Google Drive

Blockquote Also, keep in mind that you can always use a rclone remote with Kopia, and perhaps rclone supports Google Drive in a different way (I don’t know, I am just speculating).

I might have a look into that as a workaround, but I have a feeling modifying the authentification mode to use either a real google or a service account would be the better solution.

I do not disagree that increasing native support for cloud providers is the first-best solution. However, that requires developer resources. Given developer resources are limited, something like this is unlikely to be on top of the priority list, unless someone decides to do a PR themselves.