KopiaUi running windows

I would like to backup my entire D drive with KopiaUi. The program allows me to select sub folders, no problem. But I want to get the whole drive and potentially exclude some folders. I have been fiddling with this for a while and can’t seem to get it to copy the drive.

Can somebody help me out? I want to use same tool for windows and linux and Kopia looks perfect. Thank you!!

It is in documentation. Syntax for .kopiaignore is the same as with .gitignore

I was thrown by the error message when I ran estimate.
It was backing up the entire drive when I ran it.
Thank you for pointing out the syntax similarity to git. I have never really dug into git except for downloading an archive. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out gitignore file inclusion. (Which was kind of unnecessary for what I needed but I went down that rat hole.) I proved to my self I could make it work at the top directory level at least.

This is really beautiful software. I have just scratched the surface of its capability. I am presently only backing up to an external hard drive.

After the initial backup, the updates are fast and it is really cool the way it garbage collects the deleted files and you always have a complete backup. Very impressive. Thanks to the team.