How to fix Error in Snapshots

Hey guys,

I am running KopiaUI on Windows 10 and it just finished the first snapshot and then some hourly ones after that. They all share the same count of error next to them which is 1.

I used the default settings to set up this policy. This is the error it seems to boil down to but I don’t know how to address it

I don’t understand what the trouble at path “.” is. I am assuming that is the relative path but I don’t understand the error basically.

Also, not sure if this is related, but I am getting red danger symbol next to size and it is saying Error: System Volume Information: Access is denied. I am backing up to OneDrive through Kopia’s connection to rclone.

Thank You in advance and apologies if this is a stupid question

I think this is just a summary and the real errors message is the one when hovering over the red danger symbol.

Kopia is complaining that it is unable to read that directory which is to be expected as it is a specially protected Windows directory. AFAIK the only option to remove this warning is to set “Ignore Directory Errors” to yes (--ignore-dir-errors=true)

Sorry if I’m being stupid, but I am not sure I follow. This is a partition of the Local C Drive that I called Drive A. So, is that why it might be protected? If so, is there isn’t a way to allow it access?

Also, I just realized that there is a discrepancy in what KopiaUI says is the size 185.9 GB (which has the warning sign next to it) and what One Drive says which is 160.4 GB. I am using the default settings and don’t have compression enabled.

(Also thanks for responding to my post)

This article contains information about the content of this directory and how to access it. But I would advise against messing with it.

Kopia estimates the size before it deduplicates and compresses content, so that’s not the reason. Maybe Onedrive displays sizes as GiB (binary base 2), while Kopia by default displays as GB (decimal base 10)?

No matter the reason for the difference, it is an estimate (as the name suggests :wink:) that mainly helps with ignore rules.