When I browse a snapshot, I can download a file from UI, but I cannot download a folder. Adding an option using right click (or a checkbox) would be helpful.
It’s coming soon:
It looks great, especially having information about the progress.
But (users always have a but…) it isn’t clear to me which files it is restoring. I supose it is restoring all the files/folders in the list.
I think a checkbox (with classic check all, check none, invert check) would help you when you only want one or some files/folders.
Thanks for your work (and your time!)
I used the restore (0.8.2) for a folder and it works perfectly. The same for some files (it saved my day restoring a project from a failed upgrade).
The features I miss are:
- Being able to check which files/folders to restore; for example when you need just 5 files from a folder.
- Being able to restore directly to original path
- In case of inplace folder restore, being able to choose between
- overwrite/merge: overwrite restored files, keeping new ones in place.
- replace: remove existing folders before restoring them, so new existing files/subfolders are removed. It would be useful when restoring a folder containing a git repo for example.
This would be a wonderful addition, and probably the only one that’s missing for the complete set of restore options.
Is there supposed to be a progress bar when restoring? I am restoring a 117gb file right now, I can see kopia.exe running in the background, but no statistics on its progress… same for the UI - nothing?
Yeah, single file does not currently have intra-file progress, but this can be done. Patches welcome.