Unable to initialize repository: error connecting to repository: unable to list sources: unable to find manifest

When trying to start Kopia Docker Container, I receive this error message in the log:

e[31mERRORe[0m unable to initialize repository: unable to initialize repository: error connecting to repository: unable to list sources: unable to find manifest entries: unable to load manifest contents: error loading manifest content: invalid checksum at q1ff9583be62c7bacd6b47fb3b9436709-s5f0fb1f4a889412e10f offset 14049 length 527/527: decrypt: unable to decrypt content: cipher: message authentication failed

# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='Kopia' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'KOPIA_PASSWORD'='<repository_password>' -e 'TZ'='America/Los_Angeles' -p '51515:51515/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/kopia/config':'/app/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/kopia/cache':'/app/cache':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/kopia/logs':'/app/logs':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/kopia':'/app/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Photos':'/mnt/photos':'rw' 'kopia/kopia' server --insecure --htpasswd-file /app/config/htpasswd --address 0.0.0.0:51515 --server-username=kopia
3bd4585ee75d2d0c700aed6e076453b74b727538bdbc37114f73fa39e6bc2a13

How do I resolve or troubleshoot?

What settings/configuration do I need to look at?

What folder/file do I need to look for?

What am I missing?

I think this will need a dev’s advice. But this looks like the backup is corrupt. The fact that you mentioned in another thread that you’ve experienced bitrot recently, and are now having checksum issues, may suggest you have a bigger problem.

Have you run some hardware diagnostic / stress testing? I’m picking you should test memory, CPU and disk.

ETA: I’d suggest you start with memtest.

memtest passed both before and after the backup.
drive extended tests passed both before and after.
BTFRS scrubs passed.

Either way, I should be able to restore a backup I created with Kopia.