What is 'listing manifest contents'?

After a failed snapshot (my umount/remount of btrfs snapshot went wrong somehow), I reboot and tried again, and for the last hour, kopia has been sat chewing away at the local disk contents, but all the log shows is ‘listing manifest contents’.

Is it hung?

Any ideas?

Oh actually, I can see in the content-logs, lots of ‘already-exists’, so maybe this is OK…

It is happily hashing through the file, it seems, which is being slow if this file is a very big one, since uploading individual files is currently single-threaded (this is fixable, though).

Thank you, yes it completed! I think I must have done something strange with my stdout redirect, because I had nothing in the stdout redirect should have shown ‘snapshotting root…’, and also I thought I would see something in the latest cli-log as well, but this showed nothing after the ‘listing manifest contents’.

it completed in the end though!

I think the bottlekneck there is the disks - each disk is giving 112MB/s which is probably about right for SATA HDDs… It’s a 3-disk btrfs RAID5 (with RAID1 for metadata).